Wednesday, December 30, 2015

ABC's of Godly Character - Z

Z is for Zeal! Zeal or being zealous is energetic enthusiasm; a strong feeling of interest and enthusiasm that makes someone very eager or determined to accomplish something. When Jesus performed miracles he often asked the people not to tell, yet it made them want to tell it that much more. “Jesus charged them to tell no one. But the more he charged them, the more zealously they proclaimed it. Mark 7:36”. Today, Christ commanded us to tell everyone about Him to the utmost parts of the earth, but do we? Revelation 3:19 says “Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent”. We are all guilty of sin, of not obeying His Word, and of having less Godly Character than we should at some point in our lives, but the secret is to learn to me more zealous and to repent. Sincerely ask God to forgive you, and He will. 

Well we have made it from A to Z with Godly Character. Remember the Bible says Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, which is the Greek letters for the beginning and end of the alphabet. Revelation 1:7-8 says “Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of Him. Even so. Amen. I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” Jesus is the beginning and end of life, of everything. He is the Eternal Ruler of past, present, and future. He is the A, Z, Alpha, Omega, Beginning, End, First and Last! Does your zeal show this to others today? We need to be on fire for God because one day this world will be no more and everyone will either go to Heaven or Hell. Are you a True Follower of God or just a fair-weather fan? Get your priorities in line with what really matters in life. It’s all about Jesus! Do you have the zeal of DC Talk as they sing 
“What will people think when they hear that I'm a Jesus freak? What will people do when they find that it's true? I don't really care if they label me a Jesus freak. There ain't no disguising the truth. No I ain't hiding the truth. People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger, that my best friend was born in a manger? What will people think when they hear that I'm a Jesus freak”? 
Does your attitude have enough zeal to live out loud, or do you feel like you are hiding your “Christian-side” from others? What is God calling you to do with your life? What zeal has He placed upon you?

Prayer starter: Dear Lord, stir in me a zealous longing for You. Unsettle me, so that I must seek a deeper relationship with You. Thank You for Your Word. Help me to understand all I need to out of it and help me to grow in Godly Character daily. In Jesus’ Name I pray, amen.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to realize we were created for such a time as this! Now be bold like brave Queen Ester and stand up for what is right and for what you believe in. Live you’re A-Z Godly Character out loud today! Esther 4:13-15 “Then Mordecai told them to reply to Esther, Do not think to yourself that in the king’s palace you will escape any more than all the other Jews. For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”

No comments:

Post a Comment