Saturday, December 19, 2015

ABC's of Godly Character - Q

Q is for Quietness before The Lord!
Quietness means allowing God to speak directly to your heart through the Holy Spirit. Prayer is not just a one way communication. When we pray we are asking God to fulfill His Will in our life, when we are quiet before Him, we are waiting patiently to hear what we should do, and then actually doing what He said when we were still enough to listen and hear Him. To be quite before the Lord, we must remove ourselves from the craziness of our daily lives and spend time focusing on God and His Word. Psalm 46:10 says “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” In Mark 6:31 Jesus said “Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.” Jesus, himself, even spent time alone in the quietness of God. Mark 1:35 says “And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, He (Jesus) departed and went out to a desolate place, and there He prayed”. Psalm 119:18 tells us that when we ask, God will reveal His Word to us: “Open my eyes to see wonderful things in your Word”, for Him to do this, we must get quite and spend time studying and praying. Psalm 37:7 says “Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him”. Are you too busy? Do you stop and wait patiently on God to speak to you or do you just rush through a prayer and a little Bible reading? I LIKE, LIKE, LIKE to talk, but even more, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE and treasure my quite time with my Lord! We all need our own little “quite place” before the Lord. We need to stop and spend time with Him, daily. Matthew 11:28 says “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest”. Do you need some peace and rest today? It is available through Jesus!

Prayer starter: My Precious Lord, please help me to make it a priority to stop and be quite in Your Presence. Help me to spend time alone with You. Help me see the wonderful things that I need out of Your Word. Fill me with your Presence and help me shine for You. In your Sweet Name I pray, Amen.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to STOP, LOOK, and LISTEN to God and His Word. Allow some quite in your life so He can speak to you today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment