Tuesday, December 22, 2015

ABC's of Godly Character - T

T is for tough word for me to choose…I couldn't decide on Trust in God, being trustworthy, talk to Jesus, talk about Jesus, truthful, using our talents, thoughtfulness, where is your treasure, teaching others about Christ, or thankfulness…just to name a few "T" words that came to my mind as I have thought about Godly character this week. So, today, T is for Thankfulness! Thankfulness is gratitude or appreciation for what someone does for you. It's an attitude of being appreciative and grateful for all circumstances. Living as a thankful person is making a conscious decision to always acknowledge and recognize someone, specifically God, for showing favor and kindness in your life – no matter how good or how bad you may feel at the time. The Bible is full of verses about being thankful. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you". Giving thanks in ALL situations doesn’t mean we thank God for bad things that happen. Bad, mean, hurtful things don’t come from God, so we shouldn’t thank Him for them, but we should be thankful that God is in control of the situation and that He will give us the strength to get through it. We should be thankful that He is letting our faith and maturity grow. God wants what is best for all His children. He wants us to love and honor Him above all else. One way we do this is by giving thanks to Him. Psalm 100:4 says "Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name"! We have so much to be thankful for, but most of all I am thankful for Jesus, my Savior, my Lord! He blesses me so much more than I could ever be worthy. Give thanks to God EVERY DAY! "I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name, Most High". (Psalms 9:1-2 ESV)

Prayer starter: Heavenly Father, thank you for all the wonderful blessings and people you have placed in my life. Help me to always be thankful to You. Thank you for dying on the cross for me. I love you, Jesus. In Your Name, amen.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to give God thanks today!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment