Tuesday, December 29, 2015

ABC's of Godly Character - Y

Y is for Yearning! Yearning is a deep, tender and urgent longing; an appitite or craving. Do you have a yearning to know more about Jesus and the Bible? Isaiah 26:9 says “My soul yearns for you in the night; my spirit within me earnestly seeks you”. The old hymn More About Jesus describes yearning well: 
“More about Jesus would I know, More of His grace to others show; More of His saving fullness see, More of His love Who died for me. More about Jesus let me learn, More of His holy will discern; Spirit of God, my teacher be, Showing the things of Christ to me. More about Jesus; in His Word, Holding communion with my Lord; Hearing His voice in every line, Making each faithful saying mine. More about Jesus; on His throne, Riches in glory all His own; More of His kingdom’s sure increase; More of His coming, Prince of Peace. More, more about Jesus, More, more about Jesus; More of His saving fullness see, More of His love Who died for me”. 
They got it…MORE ABOUT JESUS! Life has to be more about Jesus, not about us! Do you yearn to know Him deeper? Psalm 42:1-2 says “As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God”. We have to crave, thirst, yearn for a relationship with God. Are you doing that today?

Prayer starter: Heavenly Father, help me to crave a relationship with You. Create in me a yearning for Your Word. I want to be more in love with You than anything else in this world. Thank You for never giving up on me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to work on developing a yearning for God. Make it a goal to spend more time in prayer and reading His Word. Crave Him today!

No comments:

Post a Comment