Wednesday, October 28, 2015

31 Days of Prayer for Operation Christmas Child - Day 13

Today pray for the safety of Operation Christmas Child staff as they travel to the Processing Centers to serve this season.

Operation Christmas Child, a project of Samaritan’s Purse, is the world’s largest Christmas outreach of its kind. Since 1993, Operation Christmas Child has delivered gift-filled shoeboxes to over 124 million children affected by war, poverty, natural disasters, and other crises in more than 150 countries and territories. We partner with local churches to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with those who receive shoebox gifts and offer a 12-lesson discipleship program, The Greatest Journey, that helps boys and girls learn what it means to follow the Lord and share their faith with others.
O Father,
You are always there,
For your love reaches everywhere.
Above the clouds,
Beneath the sea,
I know your hand will cover me.
Through the darkened starry night.
Again at dawn when all is bright.
Upon the heavens, or over bridges,
Deepest valleys, rocky ridges.
You beside me, o so close,
Knowing when I need you most.
Through different lands of war or peace,
Where suffering stirs or riches twist
I choose to walk the path you tread.
And carry your wisdom where I'm led.
To leave your love in every place
I rest my head or dine or wait.
You keep me safe, watch over me.
I choose to put my trust in thee.
"Travellers Prayer" by Julie Palmer

“Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him." Psalm 91:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment