A small shoebox can have a big impact. What goes into the box is fun, but what comes out of it is eternal. Be a part of changing children's lives all over the world in Jesus' Name through the power of a simple gift with Operation Christmas Child. As you pack your shoeboxes with gifts, here are some specific ways you can pray and encourage others to pray...
- Toy Car – Pray for Transportation of your shoebox Gospel Opportunity: These shoeboxes have many miles to travel before they reach their destinations. “Lord, please protect these boxes and those involved with providing safe transportation.”
- Toothbrush or Hygiene Items – Pray for the health of the child who is receiving this shoebox. “Lord, give this child good health and protection from disease and harmful conditions which may affect their well-being.”
- School Supplies – Pray for their education: Many children cannot go to school without the simplest of school supplies. “Anoint the school supplies that have been packed in these shoeboxes, that the children can learn and thrive as they grow to work good jobs with good wages to provide for their families.”
- Water Bottle, Bowl, Cup, or Spoon/Fork – Pray for their Nutritional Needs: Many children who receive shoeboxes suffer from malnutrition and hunger. “We ask you, Lord Jesus, that the physical needs of this child be met, that their food would be plentiful and nutritious, and that their bodies would be healthy and strong.”
- Toys/Teddy Bear/Stuffed Animal – Pray for JOY: “Dear Jesus, may these fun items bring JOY to these children. We ask that happiness and joy transfer to their families, church, and community. Let these shoebox gifts be a tangible representation of LOVE!”
- The Greatest Gift (it's added by Operation Christmas Child) - Pray for Spiritual Needs: “Jesus, we pray for the spiritual needs of each child. May you already be preparing their hearts to hear Your Gospel message. We ask that each and every child comes to know you in a personal way and declares you as their Lord and Savior.”