Friday, September 20, 2019

Praying for our students through the year - day 25 (Y) Yearning

Today we are praying for our children have a yearning for Christ! Yearning is a deep, tender and urgent longing; an appetite or craving. Pray your children will have a yearning to know more about Jesus and the Bible.  Isaiah 26:9 says “My soul yearns for you in the night; my spirit within me earnestly seeks you”. The old hymn More About Jesus describes yearning well: 
“More about Jesus would I know, More of His grace to others show; More of His saving fullness see, More of His love Who died for me. More about Jesus let me learn, More of His holy will discern; Spirit of God, my teacher be, Showing the things of Christ to me...".  
Our lives should be more about Jesus, not about us! Do you yearn to know Him deeper?  Pray you and your family will yearn for a deeper relationship with God. Psalm 42:1-2 says “As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God”. We have to crave, thirst, yearn for a relationship with God. Pray your child learns to crave and thirst for this relationship above all others. Pray the Holy Spirit will create a yearning for His Word.  Pray they will become more in love with God than anything else in this world. Pray your whole family will work on developing a yearning for God. Make it a goal to spend more time in prayer and reading His Word. Crave Him today!

No comments:

Post a Comment