Saturday, April 4, 2015

"Choose this day whom you will serve...But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15

"Choose this day whom you will serve...But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15

A life of service sums up my family.  My name is Jennifer Barnett.  I am a child of the One True King!  I have been married since August 6, 1994, to my best friend, Kevin.  He serves as a full-time pastor at First Free Will Baptist Church in Jonesboro, Arkansas.  We have two wonderful sons, Matthew and Michael, who attend Bay High School.  We also have several of their friends that hang out at our home frequently, so they are our "bonus sons".  We have lived a life of full-time ministry since July 12, 2009.  Prior to serving as a family in full-time ministry, we helped with Southridge General Baptist Church, a mission, where Kevin served as a deacon and later became the Associate Pastor.  I taught Sunday School and Children's Church there.  Before Southridge, we done volunteer youth ministry for many years at FFWBC, the church we now serve in!  God has brought us full circle back home.  I first joined FFWBC in January 1995 and then again in July 2009 when we came home.  I was raised at Corners Chapel Baptist Church in Payneway, AR.  My parents and some family still attend there.  From a young age I was taught to help and teach in the church and that we all have gifts and talents to use for God.  Today I am still serving, and I hope you are also.  God has blessed me by allowing me to teach 10th-12th grade Sunday School, run our PowerPoint Projection Ministry during Morning Worship, teach 7th-9th grade on Wednesday Night B.L.A.S.T. (Bible Learning & Sharing Together), and I serve on the Decorating Committee.  In January 2015, I began a new adventure, one I have a great passion about.  I became the NEA Operation Christmas Child Prayer Coordinator!  Prayer...now that is something we all can do!  We all have something we can do for the Lord, the question is: ARE WE WILLING TO SERVE? 

I will be posting frequently about Operation Christmas Child Prayer Requests, devotions for the teenagers that I teach, and what God lays on my heart each day.  My prayer is that "As For Me And My House" will challenge you to examine you and your house so that you may live BOLDLY for HIM daily!

My life verse is Ephesians 4:1-3: "Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace."

Until Next Time,
~Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment