Thursday, April 7, 2016

Operation Christmas Child Prayer - April 2016

Operation Christmas Child Prayer Reminders:
  • Praise God for the 49 countries that have received shoeboxes and volunteer teams are now working hard in Outreach Events to share the Good News with over 7M children.
  • Pray for the shoeboxes still in route on ships to children in 8 countries.
  • Pray for tax exemption of shoeboxes in six countries in East and South Asia and Madagascar.
  • Pray for customs clearance of sea containers filled with shoebox Gospel Opportunities in 12 countries.
OCC Mid-South Prayer Requests
  • Please pray for the 2016 recommitment of Mid-South volunteers. Pray that all volunteers will prayerfully consider their continued partnership with the ministry.
  • Pray for God to open doors with new churches to partner with us as drop-off locations this year.
  • Pray for Franklin Graham and the Decision America Tour as it will be making a stop in Little Rock, AR on April 12th.
  • Please continue to pray for the Connect conferences that will be taking place in San Francisco April 7-9 and in Atlanta April 28 – 30.
  • Pray for OCC Leadership as they are very busy with Connect conferences and leading ministry.
  • Pray for all Connect volunteers in Tennessee this month. For God to continue to use them to move the ministry of OCC forward in the state of Tennessee. Pray for God to open doors with churches and community groups were they have never heard of OCC. Pray for unity among all Tennessee area teams, pray that God would strengthen them, encourage them and protect them. Pray for our Tennessee Area Coordinators as they lead area teams.
OCC NEA Prayer Requests:

  • Growth of our team in 2016
  • Our 2016 NEA GOAL: 11,222 Gospel Opportunities!!!!! 
  • Pray for our NEA Team as search for Relay Centers & Coordinators, new prayer team members, and new donor churches! Praise God for adding to our Area Team this year 
  • Pray for those of us going to Atlanta Connect at the end of this month

Turning“Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.”(Matthew 18:3)

We would all like to have child-like faith. Remember when you first accepted Jesus as your Savior? Your heart was completely washed clean and you had never felt like that before.

There is a freedom in children. They laugh loudly, are in awe of their surroundings, and enjoy the simplest things. Teaching children is like dipping a sponge in a bucket of water. They soak up what you say and immediately try to put it into practice.

There’s a recently released Christian song with one line that captures this idea, “May we never lose our wonder.” Isn’t that a major aspect of what Jesus means when He says, “turn and become like children?” When we abide in Him and His words abide in us, our hearts stay tender before Him. Regardless of our circumstances, that abiding relationship sparks within us a wonder at His goodness, His faithfulness, His loving kindness, His compassion and whatever we need from Him today. When we turn toward Him in wide-eyed wonder, it keeps our hearts soft. We can hear Him more clearly causing us to more fully obey what He says.

God is moved by our child-like prayers to touch the heart of a young girl or boy in another country with the Gospel. May those prayers continually be upon our lips.


Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and India Spiritual Impact Story Eurasia Sensitive Country: My name is Kajol Patro from a town in Asia. I am the eldest daughter among four. My parents work as a day labor in the tea garden and therefore we are an extremely poor as a family. Due to this extreme poverty, my parents sent me to the capital city to work as a maid servant in my childhood. Since I was working as a maid servant, I wasn’t getting proper wages or gifts from the owner’s. As a result, I was very sad with my parents. I could not figure out, why they had sent me to work as house maid in my early days, knowing that I will not have formal schooling and belong to my own family. I am a girl from a Hindu Family, but now I have received Jesus in my life and getting gifts abundantly. My family could not believe that anyone can give me such a beautiful gift. With this gift I realize that, I am not a deprived child and I am equally important to God moreover Jesus loves me. Today I am able to eradicate my sadness by means of Jesus. I would like to thank from the bottom of my heart to all the kids who have presented me with such a wonderful gift this Christmas.

International Prayer Requests - General Prayer Requests each country faces:
  • Wisdom to recruit, select and lead new and/or transitioning volunteer leadership team members. 
  • Provision of resources to reach their God-sized goals for the current year.
India:
Operation Christmas Child - India 2013
  • Pray God will use the teams in India to fulfill His will. Pray the teams remain committed and open to serving Him.  
  • Pray for wisdom for leadership.
MENA (Middle East – North Africa) - Sensitive Country
  • Pray for the early arrival of the shoebox gifts. 
  • Pray for the selection of areas for Outreach Events. 
  • Pray for the safe storage of the shoeboxes.
MENA- Sensitive Country
  • Pray for the upcoming outreach events that will be held in unreached villages.  
  • Pray for the safety of the team in light of the political and security instability in the country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment