· Praise God for the 40 countries that have received shoeboxes and volunteer teams are now working hard in Outreach Events to share the Good News with children.
· Pray for the shoeboxes still enroute on ships to children in 32 countries.
· Pray for tax exemption of shoeboxes in fifteen countries in East and South Asia and Madagascar.
· Pray for customs clearance of sea containers filled with shoebox Gospel Opportunities in 40 countries.
· Pray for Connect volunteers and OCC staff as they travel to the Connect Conferences in Wichita-March 3-5, Washington DC-March 17-19, San Francisco-April 7-9, and Atlanta April 28-30.
· Pray for Connect volunteers in Kentucky this month. For God to encourage new volunteers to join the area teams and to rise up Ministry Coordinators. Pray for unity among the area teams, for protection for them, wisdom, strength and energy. Pray for God to open doors with churches and community groups. Pray for all Area Coordinators as they lead, equip and encourage their area teams.
· Pray for OCC Mid-South staff as they travel to meet with area teams in our region.
· Pray for Franklin Graham and the Decision America Tour. The next prayer rally is in Denver, Colorado March 15th.
OCC NEA Requests:
· Pray for our NEA Team meeting on Tuesday, March 15 6pm at Ironhorse Steakhouse & BBQ in Paragould. The address is 2108 Linwood Drive(Hwy 49). REMINDER: Please take time to watch the webinar before March 15th. This would be a perfect time to invite anyone that you are trying to get to join us.
· Pray for our goals for shoebox collections for 2016: 11,222 Gospel Opportunities!!!!!
South America is where we will be focusing our prayer this month!
OCC International Prayer Requests:
General Prayer Requests each country faces:
· Wisdom to recruit, select and lead new and/or transitioning volunteer leadership team members.
· Provision of resources to reach their God-sized goals for the current year.
WEEK 1: (March 6-12) This week we will be praying for Argentina, Bolivia and Brazil.
Argentina: Shoebox gifts collected in the United States in 2015 will be delivered to 10,000 children in Argentina. Praise God that over 402,700 children have received a shoebox since 2001, when Operation Christmas Child began distributing gifts here. Argentina has 43.4 million people and is located in South America. 25% of the population is 14 years old or younger.
· Pray for the volunteer National Leadership Team (NLT) as they plan for the upcoming season and the distribution of 13,000 boxes. Pray God will continue to open doors for OCC to reach the children who don’t have access to the Gospel.
· Pray God will provide more The Greatest Journey discipleship program (TGJ) teachers so that more children can participate in the program.
· Praise God for His provision this past year.
· Pray as the team continues to extend OCC into new areas.
· Here is a link about OCC and Argentina: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child-countries/argentina/#ooid=9yZG0wbjrjlDN1_Z6_XZ7KNFL5-82qkj
Bolivia has 10.8 million people and is located in western-central South America. 33% of the population is 14 years old or younger. Shoebox gifts collected in the United States in 2015 will be delivered to 10,000 children in Bolivia. Praise God that over 564,800 children have received a shoebox since 1998, when Operation Christmas Child began distributing gifts here.
· Pray God will provide capable volunteers to build shoeboxes in Bolivia and that the God will give the team a strategic plan for distributing these boxes.
· Pray God provides likeminded Ministry Partners (i.e. local partners who hold Outreach Events for children receiving shoeboxes) who will carry out TGJ.
· Pray for the customs agent and that the government will grant permission to release the containers.
· Praise God for His provision this past year.
· Pray God provides the right contacts, who will open the doors of this country to OCC, so that the Brazilian children can hear and respond to the Gospel.
· Praise God that over 246,200 children have received a shoebox since 2002, when Operation Christmas Child began distributing gifts here.
· Pray that future governments would not shirk from the painful but necessary process of excising all that is putrid and corrupt.
· Pray for the poverty that still affects 10s of millions. The poor, especially street children and indigenous peoples, often suffer terrible discrimination and exploitation. Debt slavery affects up to 250,000 people.
· Pray for the crime problem. Brazil is the world’s 2nd highest consumer of illicit drugs and the world’s highest rate of firearm homicides. Unprecedented breakthrough, spiritual and social, is needed to turn this around.
· Follow this link for pictures, stories of OCC Brazil and video of OCC: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child-countries/brazil/#ooid=9yZG0wbjrjlDN1_Z6_XZ7KNFL5-82qkj