WEEK 2: (March 15-22)
OCC Mid-South Requests
- Pray for Connect volunteers and OCC staff as they travel to the Connect Conferences in Washington DC-March 17-19, San Francisco-April 7-9, and Atlanta April 28-30.
- Pray for all Area Coordinators as they lead, equip and encourage their area teams.
- Pray for OCC Mid-South staff as they travel to meet with area teams in our region.
- Pray for Franklin Graham and the Decision America Tour.
OCC NEA Requests
- Pray for our NEA Team as we grow our team and look for Relay Centers & Coordinators, new prayer team members, and new donor churches! \
- ray for Josh McCarty as God is leading him in a new direction in his life!
- Pray for our goals for shoebox collections for 2016: 11,222 Gospel Opportunities!!!!!
OCC International Prayer Requests
General Prayer Requests each country faces:
- Wisdom to recruit, select and lead new and/or transitioning volunteer leadership team members.
- Provision of resources to reach their God-sized goals for the current year.
- Pray for the father of a team member who is very ill with kidney problems.
- Pray for the Easter Island project. Pray God will continue to guide the team and will use the shoeboxes to open more doors of opportunity.
- October 2013: A pastor in Chile said a little girl from his community visited a sick friend. Her friend had many dolls, and the girl began wishing for one in particular—a doll dressed all in pink. She stole the doll, but when her mother found out she made the girl return it to her sick friend. Later, the girl attended an OCC distribution and received a Barbie doll dressed all in pink in her shoebox. She could not believe it, and realized that it was a great lesson to trust God to provide rather than steal what she wanted. Do you trust God to provide for you?
- Easter Island is a remote Chilean territory in the South Pacific, but not too remote for Operation Christmas Child. Almost 1,000 Canadian shoebox gifts were sent to Easter Island in 2009. http://samaritanspurse.ca/rss/operation-christmas-child/impact/shoe-boxes-of-hope-on-easter-island.aspx#.VumTwFUrLIU
|Colombia Operation Christmas Child|
- Pray for the evangelistic events and TGJ discipleship that have started among several Ministry Partners.
- Praise the Lord that 2 children per minute are accepting Jesus as their personal Savior through TGJ!!!
- Shoe boxes collected in the United States in 2015 will be delivered to 291,168 children in Colombia. Praise God that over 1,254,200 children have received a shoebox since 2002, when Operation Christmas Child began distributing gifts here.Colombia has 46.7 million people and is located in South America. 25% of the population is 14 years old or younger.
- Pray for the teams in Ecuador as OCC is working in each province of the country. Pray that more children will be reached with the message of salvation through this ministry.
- Pray that each child who receives a shoebox will also participate in TGJ and that God will provide many teachers to lead these classes.
- Pray for the NLT. Pray that the NLT and regional volunteer leadership will prioritize prayer not only in speech, but also in practice.
- Ecuador distribution video: https://youtu.be/kJnGNU14buM
- Ecuador OCC information: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child-countries/ecuador/