Thursday, December 17, 2015

ABC's of Godly Character - O

O is for opportunity, the opportunity to witness! Opportunity is recognizing and acting upon situations God places in our lives. We learned with "E is for evangelism" that we are ALL called to witness to others, but do we seize the moment when we have an opportunity to do it? God places people in our lives for us to reach out to but sometimes we are too busy in our own little world of "me" to recognize it. In Colossians 4:2-5 Paul says: "Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving; praying at the same time for us as well, that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we may speak forth the mystery of Christ, for which I have also been imprisoned; that I may make it clear in the way I ought to speak. Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person." (NASB) Do we make the most of every opportunity? We should always look for opportunities to share Jesus with others. He has blessed us so much and we should always be willing to tell others how great He is. We should choose our words carefully, let the Holy Spirit guide us, so that we can speak with the right tone and not in a convicting or self-righteous one. 
Hawk Nelson sings in Words: "Words can build you up, Words can break you down, Start a fire in your heart or put it out. Let my words be life, Let my words be truth, I don't wanna say a word unless it points the world back to You."
Prayer starter: Heavenly Father, guide my words and help me take every opportunity that You set before me. Help me realized when You are leading me to share my testimony or Your great love with others. In Your name I pray, amen.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to ask God to give you an opportunity to share His Love with someone today and then be bold enough to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment