Friday, November 6, 2015

Here Am I...Send Me!

Sometimes life seems a little crazy, I wonder if things will turn out right. I wonder if I, we, made the right decisions and ever if we are following God's Will for our lives. We may not always understand what is happening or where we are going but we just have to say "Here am I, send me" and faithfully obey, ONE step at a time. Even if we trip or stumble on those steps as long as we are faithfully pursuing God's Will for our lives it will all work out right, in HIS perfect timing.

22 years ago, today, I was sitting in my senior classes at Trumann High School giddy as could be with butterflies in my tummy! I was so nervous, it was my 1st ever blind date EVER!!! It was the 2nd blind date--2 nights in a row with 2 different girls for for my future husband, Kevin (but that's a different story). I think I may have "had Kevin at hello", but it took me a little longer to realize he was the one whom I was supposed to spend FOREVER with! Little did I know what God had planned for our lives after this Friday night 22 years ago! I probably still talk just as much and have just as big of hair as I did then and he is almost just as quiet but oh how the love has grown over the years! I thought I was marrying a farm boy 9 months after our blind date, but I sure do love that preacher man of mine! From a wheat technician to a pastor, God had it all mapped out, we just had to faithfully take those steps, one at a time! HE has a calling on each of our lives, some of us realize it sooner than others, but the question is will we say "here am I, send me"? If we faithfully step up to the plate and obey, wow, what a change we could all make in this sin-filled world. What is HE calling you to do today?

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11 ESV

"My beloved is mine and I am his" Song of Solomon 2:16 #NotAllBlindDatesAreBad
Kevin and I on August 6, 1994

No comments:

Post a Comment