Friday, August 21, 2015

Lean on Me


Despite struggles, disappointment, persecution (which we really don't have a clue about in the USA), hard work, or loneliness we should persevere. We should press on. We should finish the race. Our love for Christ and for the lost souls of the world should motivate us to keep going, no matter how rugged or steep the road ahead seems. Let us never waver from the call that is placed on each of our lives. Everyone may not be called to be a pastor's wife, dental hygienist, mom, or Sunday school teacher, but we are all called to be and do something. What are you called to do? Are you willing to press on even when the battle is tough? When the opposition is steep? When you are standing alone or with just a faithful few? It's not always easy but it's always worth it. 

“Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 3:13-14 ESV

I am reminded of a song I sung as a kid in church with my friend, Deanna, called "Lean on Me" by Gary Mathena: 

"When the road ahead seems rugged and the path is getting steep, I feel that I can’t make it and my heart begins to weep. Then I turn to see who’s comin’ to join me in the way, and I see that it’s my Savior and I hear Him gently say, 
"Lean on Me when you have no strength to stand. When you feel you're goin' under, hold tighter to my hand. Lean on me when your heart begins to bleed when you come to the place that I'm all you have, then you'll find I'm all you need." 

How many people do we come in contact with each day that need to hear that Jesus is all they need? 

Share Him with someone today! It will lift your spirit and make their day too!  

"Each one can reach one
As we follow after Christ
We all can lead one
We can lead somebody to the Savior
Then together we can tell the world
That Jesus is the Way
If we each one reach one"



No comments:

Post a Comment