Thursday, August 15, 2019

Praying for a New School Year! (A)

Is Summer really already over? WOW! I can't believe our youngest is a SENIOR in HIGH SCHOOL and our oldest is a SENIOR in COLLEGE! I am going to do my best to pray specifically for Godly Character Traits this school year for my sons, children church kids, their teachers, myself...will you join me? If so, here it goes for day 1...A is for ATTITUDE!

When you have a child (or yourself) with "no filter"...attitude can be everything. Today I am praying his words will be filled with mercy and grace and seasoned with salt. Let him be the Light to the dark world around him. I pray that his words, when intended to be a joke will be interpreted that way... we both have a quirky sense of humor! Like the three Hebrews who chose to stand vertically, I pray that when given the opportunity to STAND for what is right, the chance will be respectfully seized instead of bowing down. Lastly, I pray he will have an attitude of respect for those in authority over him.

I am praying for the staff and employees to have positive attitudes and not be afraid to share the Gospel when given the opportunity. For them to have listening ears and hearts burning with desire to change the generation set before. them.

"Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth;
keep watch over the door of my lips!" Psalm 141:3ESV

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in your sight,
O Lord, my rock and my redeemer." Psalm 16:14ESV


Michael PHS Senior 2020 (future attorney)
Lord, please put your arms around our shoulders and your hand over our mouths has we try to have an attitude pleasing to you today. #177moredays #SeniorYear #WelchCollege #PocahontasHighSchool 


 Matthew Welch College Senior 2020 (future Children's/Youth Pastor)
According to Gary Smalley's personality traits test my youngest son is a LION!!! Well, his mother's secondary trait is a lion also...as a lion we are very demanding and impatient along with being an impulsive and poor listeners, quick tempered and irritable and are constantly making efforts to make our personality productive and purposeful. My dominant personality trait is a "beaver" and this is the other part of my youngest son...The perfectionist nature of a beaver often makes such people prone to legalism and procrastination. Moreover, when there are unrealistic standards, we can also lack in expressing warmth within a relationship. (in the DISC personality test we are a D and S). My other son and husband are the opposites of us...makes for a balances household!  Curious about your or your child's personality? Take a free online quiz here: Smalley's Personality Profile Test





I live in a community where the retired teachers gather and pray every year for the school year...such a blessing!  




No comments:

Post a Comment