Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Harvest Day

Suppose Jesus declared today “harvest day” in our lives, and He asked us to gather up the yield of our everyday choices over the past year. What would we have to show Him?
"Things of the world often pull at my heart,
But, Lord, help me see the end from the start;
Open my eyes to where my life’s going,
What I will reap from all I’ve been sowing."
—K. DeHaan

The seeds we sow today 
determine the kind of fruit we’ll reap tomorrow.


Help us to see a world bigger than our own lives. Help us to make a difference each day in the world around us. May we be the hands and feet of Jesus every day. May we see the world as He does.  Brandon Heath's lyrics in Give Me Your Eyes says: 
Give me your eyes for just one second

Give me your eyes so I can see,
Everything that I keep missing,
Give your love for humanity.
Give me your arms for the broken-hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach.
Give me Your heart for the ones forgotten.
Give me Your eyes so I can see.
Perhaps, if we have His eyes each day we will have a bountiful harvest. It all depends on the seeds we are sowing! What are you planting daily?
Galatians 6:1-10: Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ...Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

No comments:

Post a Comment