- Pray the children enrolled in The Greatest Journey (TGJ) discipleship program will finish well.
- Pray the national volunteer team will be well-equipped to support the strategic and regional volunteer teams as they minister in their local areas.
- Pray for safety and wisdom during the trips the national volunteer team will be taking in each region this season.
- Pray for the children who have heard the Gospel through Operation Christmas Child and the follow-up work with them.
- Pray the government authorities will look favorably on the project.
- Pray Operation Christmas Child receives permission to import shoebox gifts.
- Pray God will give the national volunteer teams wisdom, creativity, and the ability to convey the meaning and goal of Operation Christmas Child to all pastors, church workers and volunteers.
- Pray for the friendship between the churches, especially among pastors.
- Pray for boldness and wisdom for The Greatest Journey teachers and for every discipleship group that has started.
- Pray for the long-term impact of Operation Christmas Child in the region.
- Pray for the strengthening and training of volunteer leadership teams.
- Pray for the timely printing of the New Testament in the local language.
- Pray for the distribution of gifts in new areas.
- Pray for the children who heard the Gospel and for the follow-up work with them.
- Pray the team will be able to receive shoeboxes without customs inspecting every single box, which can take several months.
- Pray for the upcoming distribution season. Pray that the government’s many requirements won’t interfere with the distributions.
- Pray for the distributions as they will be conducted during the monsoon season due to the delay with the tax exemption.
- Pray for the consignees as many governments have begun to scrutinize them as a result of accusations by the majority religion.
- Pray for each of the volunteer leadership teams throughout each country. Pray they will encourage the Ministry Partners in spreading the Gospel to children and their families.
- Pray for the outreach to refugees from restricted access countries.
- Pray for the volunteer teams as they seek to navigate the increasing hostility against Christianity and for their outreach to children.
- Pray for the prayer meetings that have been started in the region.
- Pray for the clearance of gift boxes as there is opposition to some items. Pray for the continued improvement of the teams’ relationships with the customs officers.
- Pray that God will stop the attacks and violence in this country. Pray He will lead the government in stopping the increasing terrorism and targeted killings. Pray God will bless this region and protect His people.
- Pray for the discipleship of thousands of children; that God will multiply the fruit of salvation through their lives to their families
31 Days of Prayer - Join us for 31 Days of Prayer starting October 14 as we approach Operation Christmas Child’s National Collection Week! Each day’s topics include national and international requests for our volunteers and donors around the world that more children would have an opportunity to respond to the Gospel and participate in The Greatest Journey 12-week discipleship program.
National Collection Week 24-7 Prayer - Your prayers are essential to the work of Operation Christmas Child. During National Collection Week, November 14-21, you can sign up to join our 24-hour prayer coverage. Our goal this year is to collect 12 million shoebox gifts from the United States and nine other countries. Each day has a different prayer point including people packing shoeboxes, the volunteers who will be collecting, processing, and delivering the gifts, and for the children receiving them. Signup for a 10-minute slot and join our 24-hour prayer coverage. Our goal this year is to collect 12 million shoebox gifts from the United States and nine other countries. Each day has a different prayer point, including the donors who are packing the shoebox gifts, the volunteers who will be collecting, processing, and delivering the gifts, the children receiving the shoebox gifts. Look for another blog post on November 7th with a link to sign up for a 10-minute time slot to pray during National Collection Week!
“Pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest” (Matthew 9:38 ESV) through shoebox gifts and The Greatest Journey discipleship program.
More Photos from Mongolia:
|Mongolia Shoebox Delivery|