|Natasha: “When I received a shoebox, I knew
there were people out there who cared for me. I was not alone.”|
Click for STORY!
* Pray for the national goal of reaching 9.5 million shoeboxes during the Collection Season.
* Pray for the Processing Centers that will host more than 110,000 volunteers to be set up quickly and safely as the processing season approaches.
This month we are praying for Balkans, Baltics and Central Europe. The International Prayer Requests that each country faces are:
* Wisdom to recruit, select and lead new and/or transitioning volunteer leadership team members.
* Provision of resources to reach their God-sized goals for the current year.
This week are are praying for Belarus.
* Pray for the strengthening and renewal of those who take part in the OCC project. Pray God will send new laborers to join in the ministry. Pray for interdenominational cooperation.
* Pray that there will be no obstacles for TGJ classes or Christmas events as it is forbidden to celebrate Christmas in certain areas.
We are also praying for Bosnia-Herzegovina. Two decades after it started, Operation Christmas Child continues to deliver shoebox gifts and the Good News of Jesus Christ to boys and girls around the world. Twenty years ago, Franklin Graham made a promise to collect a few gifts for boys and girls in war-torn Bosnia. Today, Operation Christmas Child has become a year-round, international project, delivering millions of shoeboxes to children in nearly 100 countries each year. Click HERE for full story
Bulgaria - Pray the local church leaders continue to have the opportunity to share the Gospel and help the children grow in their knowledge and faith in God. Pray for the children who have graduated from TGJ and will be attending Christian summer camps.
* Testimony from Bulgaria: Miroslav was abandoned by his parents from birth and was brought up in the orphanage system. He has special needs and finds a way to express himself through the arts. He draws all the time and makes cards from different natural materials. He shared that he ran out of colored pencils. In his Operation Christmas Child gift, he found a pencil box with everything he needed to draw, as well as a set of paints.
Lithuania * Pray for the upcoming OCC season. Pray God will guide the volunteers and give them wisdom and strength.
* Pray for the pastors of the evangelical churches. Pray they will understand the importance and urgency reaching out to the youth and will give themselves to this service.
* Testimony from Lithuania: After one distribution in Lithuania, a girl came up to us and shared her story. That week their class was going to the swimming pool. It's a great event for the kids living in a village area. The girl had one problem – she didn't have slippers and without them kids were not allowed to come into the pool. When the girl opened her box and found slippers, she was so excited that she rushed toward us to tell of her great miracle and show us proof that God really cares about her!
* Pray for the children participating in all the post-TGJ activities.
* Pray for the new volunteers as they grasp the vision of OCC.
* Pray for God’s guidance and wisdom as the team plans for the coming season.