- Praise God for Operation Christmas Child’s Global Connect conference where over 3,000 attendees from 130 countries gathered in Orlando, Florida to worship, pray, and be equipped to further the Gospel around the world.
- Praise God for the 58 countries that have received shoeboxes and volunteer teams who are now working diligently at Outreach Events to share the Good News with over 7.6 million children.
- Pray for the over 273,000 shoeboxes still en route on ships to children in two countries.
- Pray for tax exemption of shoeboxes destined for six countries with 557,000 going to sensitive countries.
- Pray for customs clearance of sea containers filled with shoebox Gospel Opportunities in 11 countries.
- Praise God over 8,000 gift-filled shoeboxes were delivered to sensitive countries.
Mid-South Prayer Praises and Requests:
- New AC’s Debbie Young: Bowling Green-KY AT, Lisa Steen: Louisville-KY AT, and David and Marilyn Killian: Chattanooga-TN AT
- Four churches committing to SAPP
- Hasty Martin, Regional Director as she leads a Vision Trip to Togo this week, returning May 3
- Todd Edwards, Mid-South Director as he leads a vision Trip to Kigali, Rwanda, May 14-25. Prayer for: Wisdom as he leads this team, Team unity, Safety while traveling and while in country, For each child that will be receiving a shoebox gift, that they will experience God’s love and open their heart to the Gospel.
- Health for our volunteers, for healing, wisdom for doctors treating them and for family members
- Returning Drop Off leaders/locations to complete their paper work by the fast approaching deadline of May 12!
- Our Mid-South goal of 850,000 shoebox gifts
- Our leader volunteers
- Pray for God to reveal who He is calling to be our new Area Coordinator
- Pray for our Area Team to secure a new Central Drop Off Location in the Jonesboro Area.
- Pray for our NEA Shoebox Goal of: 11,550!!! Encourage more people to join this ministry today and pack shoeboxes! Reach out to the churches in your area and let them know our goal for this year - encourage them to set goals also! With God's blessing and putting forth effort, we can surpass this goal!
- Pray for everyone affected by the flood
- Pray for Kevin & Jennifer's son Matthew as he prepares to go to Kazakhstan June 8-28 on a mission trip.
- Pray for each other! If you would like a list of each of our team members so you can pray for them specifically, just let Jennifer Barnett know. Satan attacks, especially when good things are happening so be faithful to lift each other up in prayer!
- Pray for our area team to continue to grow with new team members and coordinators.
- Pray for all the graduates of 2017 - that they would keep or make God a priority and be world-changers.
Burkina Faso: Pray for stability in the country as there have been many conflicts which greatly affect the OCC ministry. Pray many will hear the Gospel this season despite these ongoing conflicts.
Cameroon: Pray God will grant His peace in all the regions so that there won’t be any obstacles for the Outreach Events. Pray the many disturbances, particularly in the west, won’t prevent any child in Cameroon from hearing the Gospel. Pray the Ministry Partners will be faithful to the OCC vision and principles while distributing and discipling children. Pray God touches their hearts so that they fully support this work
Central African Republic: Pray for peace and stability in the Central Africa Republic so that the discipleship of children will not be hindered in any way.
WEEK 2: May 8-14 - Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo and Equatorial Guinea
Chad: Pray there will continue to be peace in the country and for an end to the economic crisis so as not to hinder children from being discipled through The Greatest Journey 12-week discipleship program.
Democratic Republic of Congo: Pray for stability in the government so every planned Outreach Event will be held successfully.
Equatorial Guinea: Pray the churches to remain faithful in their desire to have long-term spiritual influence on children through OCC.
WEEK 3: May 15-21 - Liberia, Niger and Nigeria
Liberia: Pray for the many children orphaned by the terrible Ebola epidemic; pray the team will share God’s love with each one of them.
Niger: Pray for the new believers as they grow in their faith. Pray the insecurity of the country won’t interfere with the OCC outreach events.
Nigeria: Pray for the success of all the OCC activities in Nigeria throughout 2017. Pray especially for the distributions, discipleship, and prayer events. Pray for divine wisdom as the national and regional leadership teams lead the project this year. Pray their leadership will open a way for many children to hear of Jesus Christ and become disciples through The Greatest Journey.
WEEK 4: May 22-31 - Republic of Congo, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo
Republic of Congo:
Pray for the expansion of the OCC ministry in the Congo as this will allow more children to hear about Jesus and have the opportunity to be disciple.
Pray the insecurity of the country won’t interfere with the OCC outreach events.
Sierra Leone: Pray that the Ministry Partners will understand the OCC vision more deeply and be effective in sharing the Gospel.
Togo: Pray the team’s plan of action will be successful and the Holy Spirit will touch many children and their families.